Menar World Records
Incredible World Records from Menar Students !
Menar students broke two fascinating mental arithmetic records in 2012 Istanbul Mental Arithmetic Olympic games.
- The first record came from 150 Menar students. All 150 students simultaneously made a mental calculation adding 15 numbers flashing on the screen with a speed of 700 miliseconds.
- The second record came from Ekin Demirkan (7) of Van Menar who mentally calculated the sum of 25 three-digit numbers flashing on the screen with a speed of 700 miliseconds.
In 2013 Istanbul Olympic games, this time Menar Students broke 4 even more incredible records.
- The first record came from 135 Menar students who all simultaneously calculated the sum of 25 numbers flashing on the screen every 500 miliseconds (two numbers every second).
- The second record came from Efe Ucdemir (7) of Bingol Menar who mentally calculated the sum of 30 three-digit positive and negative numbers flashing on the screen with a speed of 500 miliseconds.
- The third record came from Cise Eldan (6) of Kartal Menar who mentally calculated the sum of 20 four-digit numbers and repeated her performance several times with no mistake.
- The fourth record came from Eymen of Soma Menar who mentally calculated the sum of 25 numbers flashing on the screen without seeing them as she was blindfolded. She could identify each number from short sound tone they produced although they were flashing on the screen at lightening speed.
Reporters of all major tv channels and news agencies were rushing to broadcast live interviews with these students while the audience was cheering and applauding their show in admiration.
You can click on the images above to watch the world record-holders' individual performances and click on the following images to watch live TV news on Menar's world record-breakers and olympic championships.